She’s the TV producer who was left paralysed and suffering severe brain damage after one bite of a chicken dish while on holiday, and Amy May Shead has made a brave return to her show in a bid to raise awareness.
Amy, who had suffered from a nut allergy her entire life, was visiting Budapest with friends in 2014 when she ordered a chicken and rice dish from a restaurant.
After speaking to the chef and showing staffers an allergy card in Hungarian, she was assured the meal would be safe.
However after just one bite, Amy, 29, had a near-fatal anaphylactic reaction.
Despite the use of two EpiPens, Amy went into cardiac arrest and was starved of oxygen for six minutes.
She was then placed on life support and flown back to the UK, however was tragically left paralysed and with severe brain damage.
Amy’s parents Roger and Sue are now campaigning for greater awareness of the danger of allergies – and returned to UK show This Morning where Amy once worked.
Speaking to her former colleagues Ruth Langsford and Eamonn Holmes in a new interview, and with calls for peanuts to be banned on flights, the emotional chat saw Ruth sitting beside Amy – who can still understand conversation and communicates by blinking – asking her questions and constantly reassuring her.
“You’re so brave for coming on here, we all love to see you and we miss you on here,” said Ruth. Watch part of their interview in the video above.