Bride poisoned by her bouquet on her wedding day

Sarah Carty

It was supposed to be the happiest day of her life but Christine Jo Miller’s eyes were so badly swollen that she could barely see her fiancé as she walked down the aisle on her wedding day.

Bride Christine Jo’s dream wedding turned into a nightmare after she decided to pick flowers from her own garden the night before her wedding to feature in her bouquet.

She and her bridesmaids stayed up late organizing the arrangements and after washing her face the next morning, she knew something was terribly wrong.

Christine Jo was poisoned by her own bouquet. Photo: Facebook

It turns out Christine Jo had suffered an allergic reaction to the snow-on-the-mountains flower, which left her sniffling and weeping her way through the ceremony.

She was so determined not to miss out on her big day that she went ahead with it, but as soon as the ‘I do’s’ were done, it was straight to the emergency room.

“I thought I was dying at that point,” Christine Jo told Inside Edition.

Still in her wedding dress, Christine Jo was given an injection to reduce the allergic reaction and sent home.

However, the couple didn’t want to miss out on their wedding reception with all their friends, so her new husband ran into Kmart where he got his new wife a pair of pajama bottoms and a t-shirt that read ‘Bride’.

She was rushed straight to the emergency room after the ceremony, where she was given a steroid injection. Photo: Facebook

Video footage shows the couple cutting their cake and having their first dance.

And just one week later their photographer decided to give them another go at having their professional shots done.

Got a story tip? Send it to

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram