Jackie O has been named the most successful female on Australian radio.
After weathering her fair share of controversy as one half of the Kiis FM breakfast team alongside Kyle Sandilands, Jackie O took out top place in a list by industry website Radio Today.
“The Kyle and Jackie O brand is a powerhouse, especially considering how long it’s been in the market,” Radio Today’s editor Blair Sullivan told news.com.au. “I certainly know that Jackie O plays a big role in determining the content on the show.”
The Daily Telegraph reports Jackie O is only one of two women in radio banking a million dollars each year.
Amanda Keller – who was named the second most influential woman on radio – is the other.
Radio Today's top 10 women on radio:
1. Jackie O: Co-hosts The Kyle and Jackie O Show on Kiis FM
2. Amanda Keller: Co-hosts Jonesy & Amanda on WSFM
3. Robin Bailey: Co-hosts Robin, Terry and Bob on 97.3 FM in Brisbane
4. Kate Langbroek: Co-hosts Hughesy & Kate on Kiis FM
5. FiFi Box: Co-hosts Fifi & Dave on Fox FM in Melbourne
6. Kate Ritchie: Co-hosts Kate, Tim and Marty on Nova
7. Chrissie Swan: Co-hosts Chrissie, Sam & Browny on Nova 100 in Melbourne
8. Jo Stanley: Co-hosts Jo & Lehmo on Gold FM in Melbourne
9. Fran Kelly: Host of ABC’s Radio National breakfast show
10. Wendy Harmer: Hosts Mornings with Wendy Harmer on ABC’s Sydney 702 Morningsin Sydney