An episode of America's Got Talent took a horrifying turn when one of the contestants was accidentally shot in the neck with a flaming arrow.
Ryan Stock and his fiancé Amberlynn Walker left the judges and fans in shock when they performed the trick on the latest episode of the American talent show.
During the couple's performance, Ryan put a long rod which had a target on it down his throat. Yep, we're squirming already.
He leaned forward as his assistant prepared to fire a flaming arrow from a crossbow.
When she fired, the flaming arrow missed the mark, instead hitting him in the neck.
The contestant, who is known for performing death-defying stunts with drills and chainsaws, at first seemed shaken and struggled to breathe.
But he then literally brushed himself off before telling the stunned judges that he was ok.
"I'm ok, I'm ok, it just caught my shirt," he said.
Mortified, judge Howie Mandel responded: "No, no, no, you are not ok."
While Ryan tried to convince him he was, Howie urged the contestant to see the show’s emergency medical technician. But Ryan said he wasn't in pain, and had no plans to seek help.
"You know we have to be responsible here. You are a hurt. And I think what you did was wonderful and you did it to win this.
"I think you deserve votes. I think the fact that you're willing to do this, we've got to vote for you, but the audience just saw what could happen (and) I hate that I saw what could happen."
Following the performance, the contestant told his fans on social media that he was doing fine.
Viewers took to Twitter to express their shock.
Story by Yahoo NZ, edited by Yahoo7 Be.