Excuse us while we just drool a little over this amazing looking dessert.
Blogger and chef Marie Phitidis runs a food recipe blog called Phoodie and is responsible for the delicious recipe.
Her Toblerone mousse creation can be made with just three ingredients and you can use either a microwave or stove depending on what you prefer.
“Prepare to weep. Prepare to watch those that you serve this to weep. From joy, from joy. Always from joy,” Marie says on her blog.
“There are only 3 ingredients (no eggs!) I make most of it in the microwave (yes, you read me right!) and it truly is a food sent down directly from the Gods!”
“It should be noted, this is a divinely silky, smooth mousse as opposed to an airy, fluffy one.”
The three simple ingredients you need are Toblerone – of course – thickened cream, and white marshmallows.
On her blog Marie says that absolutely anybody can cook and wants to ensure her recipes are accessible to everyone, no matter your cooking level.
And her ideas aren’t just about desserts. You can also try her selection of starters, salads and mains as well.
Here is her full recipe from her blog Phoodie:
400g Toblerone (You can use Dark Choc Toblerone)
2 cups thickened cream
210g white marshmallows (note: she used pink and white in the pictures below but recommends using white only)
For the second stage you will need:
2 cups thickened cream (you need to whip this)
250g Toblerone (roughly chopped to decorate mousse)
- Roughly chop the 400g of Toblerone and place it in a large microwave safe bowl with the 2 cups of cream and the marshmallows. Stir thoroughly.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes (stir at 30 second intervals so it doesn't burn) note: it may take more or less than 3 minutes, you are simply aiming to melt all ingredients together.
- Remove mixture from microwave, use a whisk to give it a good stir and set aside on your bench for it to cool completely.
- Whip the additional cream to soft peak stage and chop the additional Toblerone.
- Add the whipped cream to the cooled Toblerone – start by folding it through with a spatula and then use a whisk to combine it at the final stages. The mixture should be very smooth, but remember, the melted Toblerone will mean that there are some almond nougat lumps and that's all good!
- Divide the mixture into 12 small cups/bowls/tea cups/whatever you like and place into the fridge for 45 minutes or so, just so that the top layer sets slightly.
- Remove from fridge and top each serve with a generous sprinkling of Toblerone.# Place back into fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight, to set. This tastes great even made a day or a day and a half ahead!