cup macadamias or 1/2 macadamia or cashew butter.
4 cups low-sugar puffed rice cereal or sugar-free puffed brown rice.
1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
1 teaspoon vanilla powder.
1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
1. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Process the macadamias in a blender or using the chopper attachment of a stick blender for 3 minutes, or until the nuts form a smooth paste. Measure out 1/2 cup of the nut butter and put into a saucepan. (Any leftover macadamia butter will keep in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 2 months.)
3. Add the nut butter, rice malt syrup, vanilla and sea salt, to the saucepan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to 'melt'.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl with the rice cereal. Mix well, until each piece of puffed rice is covered with the mixture.
5. Press into the prepared tin, using the back of a spoon to push the mixture into the corners.
6. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Slice into squares or bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you are using puffed rice, the bars will be chewy rather than crispy.