1 cup milk of your choice (full-fat, almond, oat, rice).
3/4 cups buckwheat flour.
1 cup almond meal.
1/4 cup raw cacao powder.
1 teaspoon rice malt syrup.
1 teaspoon baking powder.
Butter or coconut oil, for frying.
50 g dark chocolate, melted.
100 g strawberries, hulled and sliced.
1/4 cup cacao nibs.
1. Place eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
2. Add almond meal, buckwheat flour, cacao and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth.
3. Heat a large frypan over low-medium heat. Grease the pan with a little butter and add in ¼ cup of mixture per pancake. Cook for 2–3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook for another one minute.
4. Place pancakes onto an ovenproof dish and place into an oven at 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1 to stay warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
5. Serve pancakes with your choice of toppings.