2 cups gluten free flour. I use buckwheat and some chick pea flour.
1 cup almond meal.
3 teaspoons baking powder, gluten-free if desired.
1 tablespoon granulated stevia.
2 tablespoons chia seeds.
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1 handful basil leaves, chopped.
1 cup pumpkin puree.
1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of your choice).
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF and line each cup of a 12-cup muffin tray with a 10 cm square of baking paper (or use cupcake papers).
2. Combine flour, meal, baking powder, chia seeds, basil, cinnamon and stevia if using in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl combine pumpkin, milk, eggs and oil.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and combine well.
6. Spoon into the muffin tray and pop in the oven. Bake for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle muffins with the pepitas. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
7. Reserve 4 muffins and place in an airtight container. Freeze remaining muffins in batches of 2.