2 x 200g packets of hazelnuts.
2 x 100g blocks of 85% dark chocolate.
1 cup hazelnuts.
1/4 cup coconut oil.
1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
1-2 tablespoon coconut milk.
1/4 cup raw cacao powder.
1 teaspoon vanilla powder.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place all hazelnuts (including ones for filling) on an oven tray. Cook for 8-10 minutes until roasted and skins are beginning to fall off. Cool slightly. Rub skins off using a tea towel.
2. Place 1 cup of hazelnuts and remaining filling ingredients in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place on plate.
3. Line a slice tray or loaf tin with baking paper extending paper over sides of the tin.
4. Press filling mixture into base of tin. Insert half remaining hazelnuts intermittently throughout filling. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, chop remaining hazelnuts in a food processor. To melt the chocolate, simmer some water in a saucepan on the stove top. Place a heatproof bowl on top and gently melt the chocolate (or melt chocolate in the microwave).
6. Pour melted chocolate evenly over filling in tin. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set.
7. Cut into squares and serve.