1 cup almonds.
1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
1/2 cup sesame seeds.
1 cup activated buckwheat groats.
1 cup shredded coconut.
2/3 cups coconut oil.
1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
2 tablespoons almond butter (or nut butter of choice).
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
1 teaspoon vanilla powder.
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3 and line one large baking tray and one small slice tray with baking paper.
2. Place almonds, pepitas and sesame seeds into a food processor and blitz until you form small chunks. Add into a mixing bowl with the buckinis, shredded coconut and ⅓ cup melted coconut oil. Mix to combine.
3. Spread the mix over your baking trays. place in the oven and cook for 15-20 mins, tossing the mixture at 10 minutes.
4. Once crispy and golden brown, remove nut mix from the oven and pour back into the mixing bowl. Add in remaining coconut oil, nut butter, rice malt syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and mix well.
5. Scoop the mixture into the prepared slice tray. Spread and press down mixture firmly. Place in the fridge or freezer to set for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
6. Remove from fridge and cut into slices to serve. This one makes 24 small snack pieces.
This recipe makes 24 small serves! So it keeps well, store it in the freezer and grab out a piece when you’d like a treat.