- Preparation time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 40 minutes
- 12 Servings
- ½ cup rice malt syrup.
- ¾ cups tamari.
- ½ cup water.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger.
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, optional.
- 12 large chicken wings.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted.
- Combine syrup, tamari, water, garlic, ginger and chilli in a shallow dish. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Place in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4. Transfer wings to a baking paper lined baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes turning and basting halfway through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
While fructose is not allowed on the I Quit Sugar: 8-Week Program, this recipe contains a small amount of rice malt syrup (a blend of glucose and maltose), which can still affect your blood sugar levels. We recommend enjoying on special occasions or cutting down on the sweetener even further, if you like.