- Preparation time:
- 8 Servings
- 1 cup hazelnuts.
- ½ cup coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Bake the hazelnuts for 8–10 minutes, until browned. Rub most of the skins off as they can be a bit bitter (you don’t have to be too precise). Grind the nuts in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well mixed. Add extra coconut milk if you want more of a 'sauce' consistency. Store in the fridge for several weeks.
Macadamia oil also works well instead of coconut oil.