100 g 85% dark chocolate, chopped into even pieces.
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted, plus extra for greasing.
1/4 cup almond meal.
1/4 cup raw cacao powder.
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground.
pinch of sea salt.
3 eggs, whisked.
1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 and grease 12 holes of a muffin tin with butter or coconut oil.
2. Place chocolate pieces into a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt butter or coconut oil in a separate bowl in the microwave. Pour over chocolate chunks and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. If you need to heat this a little to completely melt the chocolate, heat in microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time.
4. Add in almond meal, cacao, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir through. Pour in eggs, rice malt syrup and vanilla and stir through until you form a smooth batter.
5. Pour batter into the greased muffin holes. Place into the oven and bake for 10–12 minutes, until the edges of the brownie have set.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Dust with raw cacao powder to serve.