- 2 Serves
- 1 egg
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs (parsley or chives)
- ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- 1 small handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 large mushroom grilled
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 1 thick slice whole grain toast or steamed brown rice
- Grill the mushroom for a few minutes each side until warmed through.
- Whisk the eggs lightly with 1 tablespoon of milk and herbs then season with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into a non-stick pan, stirring with a wooden spoon, gathering all the soft , moist curds until creamy. Fold in the ricotta.
- Place the toast or brown rice onto a serving plate then top with tomato, avocado, spinach and mushroom. Spoon in the eggs and serve.
Add smoked salmon on top of eggs.
Use a little parmesan cheese in place of ricotta.
If you like chop all the veggies and stir into the eggs whilst cooking. Sweet corn is also delicious added to the eggs.