Gordon Ramsay's flaming cocktail lands customers in hospital

Allison Yee
Senior Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer

You’re always playing with fire when you order a flaming cocktail, and two restaurant-goers learnt that the hard way after they were taken to hospital after a night out at Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen restaurant in Las Vegas.

Clark County Fire Deputy Chief Jon Klassen confirms two patrons were taken to hospital, with the offending cocktail said to be the tiki-style Rum Donkey made with Cruzan Single Barrel Rum, falernum, brown sugar, ginger beer and torched passion fruit.

The celebrity chef’s flaming drink concoction saw two patrons rushed to hospital after dining at Hell’s Kitchen in Las Vegas.

While firefighters weren’t required to extinguish a fire, a spokesperson for the infamous British chef revealed the cocktail has been taken off the menu.


“We stand ready to provide any assistance they may need to help them through this difficult time,” a spokesperson for Caesar’s Entertainment told Las Vegas Review-Journal in a statement.

“The particular type of specialty drink served at Hell’s Kitchen is served at the finest restaurants worldwide without incident.

“But out of an abundance of caution, Hell’s Kitchen has removed the drink item at issue from the menu. All of us here at Caesars Palace and the Gordon Ramsay Restaurant Group are concerned for the injured guests, and are hopeful for their speedy recovery.”

Got a story tip? Send it to tips@yahoo7.com.au

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram.