Horrifying moment toddler's leg snaps as his mum takes him down a slide


This is the horror moment a toddler’s leg snapped while his mum took him down a slide on her lap.

Shona Keetley was on a family day out with partner, James, and their 18-month-old son, George, at Rand Farm Park in the UK.

Squeezing in one last ride before heading home, 26-year-old Shona decided to take George down the indoor slide while James filmed.

Holding hands, the pair set off down the slide before the tot managed to traps his foot under Shona’s leg.

In the gruesome video above, a loud snap can be heard as George’s leg snaps when it is bent under his mum.

This is the horror moment a toddler’s leg snapped while his mum took him down a slide on her lap. Photo: Mega

Brave Shona, from Cleethorpes, East Lincolnshire, shared the video via website, Channel Mum, in a bid to raise awareness of the dangers of accompanying children on slides.

“We had spent the whole day there and were about to set off home but George started screaming because he wanted to go on the slide,” she said.

Shona said he was only 18-months -old and she didn’t feel comfortable letting him go down the slide on his own, so she put him on her lap.

“I didn’t even hear his leg snapping until I watched it back on the video,” she said.

“He started crying initially but stopped after a few minutes so I just thought he got his leg caught and nothing else.”

Shona said George ‘seemed fine’ afterwards but when she got home and put him on the sofa, she noticed something was ‘seriously wrong’.

“He went to climb off but just collapsed and started crying,” she said.

After rushing George to A&E at Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, Grimsby, X-Ray scans showed the tot had broken his leg. Photo: Mega

“He couldn’t stand up so we decided to rush him to the hospital to see what was wrong.

“I still just thought it was a pulled muscle or a twisted ankle at this point.”

After rushing George to A&E at Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, Grimsby, X-Ray scans showed the tot had broken his leg.

“I felt like the worst mum in the world,” she said.

“The doctor said this is a really common injury with toddlers.

“Because he was still young and had flexible bones he was only in a cast for two weeks.’

Shona – who is now pregnant with her second son – now wants to warn others of the risks posed by indoor play areas.

“There should be clear signs warning parents not to go down the slides with their parents,” she said.

“Saying that there should be a minimum age for kids to go on them.

“I would just urge parents to watch this video and learn from my mistake.”

Got a story tip? Send it to tips@yahoo7.com.au

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram.