- Serves 2
- Preparation time: PT10m
- Cooking time: PT30m
1/2 cup rolled oats.
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, ground.
1 teaspoon turmeric, ground.
1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper, to season.
1/2 small cauliflower, chopped into florets.
10 ml extra virgin olive oil.
60 ml full-fat milk.
1/4 cup gluten-free plain flour (or regular flour).
1/2 lemon, juiced.
4 small corn tortillas.
1/2 medium avocado, sliced.
100 g red cabbage, finely shredded with a knife.
1/4 cup coriander, fresh, leaves torn.
1/2 lime, cut into wedges.
40 g full-fat natural or greek yoghurt.
1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. To make the Cauliflower Batter, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until there are no clumps. Set aside.
3. To make the Crispy Cauliflower mix, place oats, paprika, turmeric and a big pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor and blitz until you form coarse crumbs (similar consistency to bread crumbs). Spoon into a shallow bowl and set aside.
4. Place your cauliflower florets into the cauliflower batter and coat completely. Remove the coated cauliflower pieces from the batter and hold briefly over the bowl so excess batter drips off. Then place into the Crispy Cauliflower mix. Toss until coated and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
5. Lightly drizzle cauliflower pieces with olive oil. This will help them crisp up. Place into the oven and cook for 25–30 minutes or until crispy and golden. Toss halfway through baking.
6. Once cauliflower is cooked through, it’s time to assemble your tacos! Fill the tortillas with the avocado, cabbage, coriander leaves and Crispy Cauliflower. Serve both with lime wedges and a dollop of yoghurt.