Baby suffers horrific facial burns from phone charger

Warning: Graphic images

 

A mum has taken to social media to share graphic images of what happened when her daughter got a hold of her phone charger.

Courtney Davis, from the US, says she would normally never leave her phone cord within reach of her 19-month-old daughter, but one day last month she didn’t move it.

“It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned,” Courtney wrote in a post on Facebook.

burned by phone cord

Courtney shared the graphic images of her daughters burn online. Photo: Facebook

RELATED: iPhone users warned over scam to get Apple ID – can you tell which pop-up is fake?
RELATED: Bizarre stolen baby photos trend sweeping the web

“We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn.”

Courtney says her daughter had never before tried to grab the cord or put it in her mouth, until this incident.

“The one day it isn't moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn,” she says.

electrical burns

Her daughter had never tried to grab the cord before this incident. Photo: Getty

Posting graphic images of the burn on the corner of her little girls mouth, the mum says there wasn’t anything doctors could give her as she could lick it away.

phone cord burn

Mum Courtney shared a warning on Facebook. Photo: Facebook

Although the girl isn’t in pain, the sore appears to get worse as the week progresses before starting to heal.

electrical burn on children

The sore got progressively worse throughout the week. Photo: Facebook

She has since posted an update saying that after going back to the doctors they have now been referred to a plastic surgeon.

Courtney decided to show the images to warn others of the dangers of leaving your phone cord lying around the house. The charger she was using was a store bought charger that fit her Samsung Note 5.

phone charger burn

Doctors couldn't provide anything for the sore as she could lick it. Photo: Facebook

“Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her,” she wrote.

Her post has since been shared a staggering 300,000 times.

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

feedback