Most parents are well aware of the advice to always keep your eyes on children when they’re around water.
But what about when you’ve safely put them in a floatie, or it’s only a small pool? Well, if you have any doubts about how to answer, this shocking video will help set the record straight.
It’s CCTV footage of a young boy in China who was put into a small pool and left to splash about in a donut floatie.
It takes a horrifying turn however, when he accidentally flips and gets caught with his head held underwater and his feet in the air.
Incredibly, the boy’s head remains underwater for 72 agonising seconds before two adults come running in to save him. Reports are that thankfully, he was taken to hospital and escaped uninjured, but it’s certainly a sobering reminder for everyone about safety around water.