Mum saved by daughter after near-death allergic reaction to body lotion

Allison Yee

One woman was left struggling to breathe and forced to call on her teenage daughter for help after she suffered a severe allergic reaction to tanning body lotion

Gaynor Mallard, 36, was at a beauty salon when she applied the product named Black Onyx on her skin.

The mum-of-three, who suffers from a nut allergy, soon realised she was in trouble and raced home so she could have a shower, with her 14-year-old daughter Frankie quickly dialling for help.

Frankie was forced to call the ambulance after her mother collapsed. Photo: SWNS

“She’s got a nut allergy, she says she can’t breathe,” Frankie can be heard saying in a call to emergency services.

“Her whole body is red.

I don’t think she can breathe at all.”

Mums rejoice: cure found for peanut allergies
The most aggressive Logie fake tans of all time

With Gaynor’s throat closing up and her body swelling like a “pufferfish”, she soon collapsed but was luckily later revived by paramedics.

The mum-of-three was lucky her daughter happened to be home during her allergic reaction. Photo: Facebook

Frankie, who was luckily home early from school as she was sick, has been awarded the Laverick Award from East Midlands Ambulance Service for keeping calm during the call.

Got a story tip? Send it to

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram