With only hours till Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tie the knot, Kensington Palace has released the Order of Service for the royal wedding.
But there seems to be a small mistake, and in keeping with what has been a media circus of a week as regards the Markle family, this little slip-up has something to do with Meghan’s father, Thomas Markle.
The document still states Thomas will be the person walking Meghan down aisle, but we all know that a change in circumstances this week led to the announcement Prince Charles would be doing the honours.
i thought meghan’s father wouldn’t be attending and the prince of wales was walking her down the aisle? pic.twitter.com/8J5IpsAFP8
— alyssa (@alyssegg) May 18, 2018
The palace has addressed the error, putting it down to timing.
“The Order of Service was produced before it became clear that Mr. Thomas Markle would be unable to attend the wedding on medical advice,” the palace said in a statement, reports People magazine.
“As a result, some aspects will be different to what has been printed.
“As previously announced, Ms. Markle has asked The Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle of The Quire.”
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) May 18, 2018
Earlier this week Kensington Palace said in a statement that Meghan asked the Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle at St George’s Chapel on her wedding day.
“The Prince of Wales is pleased to be able to welcome Ms Markle to The Royal Family in this way,” the statement read.
Meghan previously confirmed her father Thomas Markle would not be attending the wedding.
This came amid reports he’d undergone heart surgery and been involved in a staged paparazzi scandal.
Got a story tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org