A traumatised mother has posted a picture to Facebook of her little daughter covered in sweat, with a red face, in bed as a warning to other parents.
Jennifer Abma found her daughter Anastasia, this way after going to to check on her when she “put herself down for a nap” .
After trying to wake her daughter up for 20 minutes, Jennifer frantically called an ambulance - with paramedics telling her the little girl had suffered from “severe heatstroke”.
“There is nothing scarier than not being able to wake your baby up,” Jennifer wrote in the eye-opening Facebook post.
“THIS is clear proof a child doesn't need to be in the sun to get heat stroke.”
Jennifer said she didn’t even know Anastasia has gone down to her room for a nap but when she went to check on her she knew straight away that something was wrong.
“I had no idea how hot her bedroom was until I went to wake her up soaked in sweat, red face, boiling and unable to wake her,” she wrote.
“Ambulance arrived faster then I could have ever imagined and took her sugars which were 1.2 and should be above 4.
“They administered sucrose and in minutes she started crying clearly scared.”
While Jennifer says she knows she shouldn’t blame herself for what happened, she can’t help but wonder what might have been had she not gone to check on Anastasia.
“This is a lesson learnt & hopefully other parents can take something from this & make sure you are checking the rooms in your house because thy can be as dangerous as a hot car,” she wrote.
Thankfully Anastasia came out of the incident unharmed and Jennifer thanks the emergency services for their extremely quick response.