They’re both in line to be King one day and it seems that Prince Charles and Prince William are already making their political stances very clear.
According to reports, 69-year-old Prince Charles and 36-year-old Prince William, decided to snub US President Donald Trump when he visited Windsor Castle over the weekend.
Instead, 92-year-old Queen Elizabeth was forced to represent the royal family alone, when she greeted Trump and his wife, Melania.
According to sources, Trump was a ‘guest-of-government’, which means technically, no other members of the royal family were obliged to be there.
However, it’s thought to be odd that neither Prince Charles nor Prince William were there to support the Queen.
“This business of Prince Charles and Prince William not being there for the Trump visit was a snub,” a source told The Sunday Times.
“It’s a very, very unusual thing for the Queen to be there on her own.
“Usually she is accompanied by somebody.”
The father and son made sure they had other plans organised for the day, with Prince William arranging to play in a charity polo match and Prince Charles calling a meeting at Highgrove for his company, AG Carrick.
Prince William and Prince Harry have both previously been pictured with former US presidents, with the brothers forming a close bond with Barack Obama when he was in office.
It was rumored around the time of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding that the Obamas would be invited and Donald Trump would be left out in the cold, however, Kensington Palace confirmed before the day that no political leaders were invited.
“If the Obamas turned up and Donald Trump was snubbed, then that would cause problems for the British government in terms of foreign diplomacy and the special relationship [between the U.S. and the U.K],” royal biographer Duncan Larcombe told Town and Country.
“Harry and Meghan wouldn’t want their wedding overshadowed by that.”
Got a story tip? Send it to email@example.com