Prep time: 5 minutes, plus cooling time
Cook time: 15 – 20 minutes
1 cup rolled oats
¹⁄ ³ cup desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon cacao/cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups reduced-fat milk of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, chia seeds and cacao/cocoa powder.
3. Combine the coconut oil, vanilla and honey and mix until smooth. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until well coated.
4. Spread the granola over the prepared tray and bake for 5 minutes. Stir, then bake for another 10–15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool completely without stirring.
5. Divide the granola among four bowls. Serve each portion with ½ cup milk for an easy, healthy breakfast.
6. Store any leftover granola in an airtight container in the pantry for 1- 2 weeks.
Recipe from ‘The Busy Mum’s Guide to Weight Loss’ by Rhian Allen ($34.99, Plum)