Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 red capsicums, seeds removed, roughly chopped
4 flat mushrooms, cut into large pieces
4 small roma tomatoes, halved
1 brown onion, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
160 g haloumi, cut into 8 slices
4 small zucchini
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the capsicum, mushroom, tomato, onion, garlic, thyme and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a bowl and gently toss to combine.
Spread out the vegetables on the prepared tray and roast for 25 – 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Shortly before the vegetables are ready, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over medium–high heat. Add the haloumi slices and
cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
4. Meanwhile, use a spiraliser or vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini into long noodles (zoodles).
5. When the vegetables are almost ready, blanch the zoodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute or until just tender.
6. Toss the roasted vegetables with the zoodles, then divide among four plates. Top with the warm haloumi and serve.
Got a story tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org