- Serves 4
- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 90
1.5kg whole chicken
1 tablespoon Continental Chicken Stock Powder
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon Woolworths Select Ground Paprika
1 tablespoon oil
8 chat potatoes, halved
400g chopped pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place chicken in baking tray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the Stock Powder, herbs, paprika and oil.
3. Using a spoon; loosen the skin from the breast of the chicken. Spoon the herb mixture between skin and breast meat of chicken.
4. Roast chicken for 30 minutes. Add the potatoes and pumpkin to roasting pan and baste with the pan juices. Continue to roast chicken with the vegetables for about 1 hour or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked; turn and baste vegetables once during cooking.
5. Serve with steamed broccoli.
Per 100g Per Serve
Energy (kJ) 643 3727
Protein (g) 12.1 70.2
Total Fat (g) 10.1 58.5
Sat. Fat (g) 3.0 17.5
Carbohydrate (g) 3.5 20.2
Total Sugars (g) 0.9 5.2
Dietary Fibre (g) 0.6 3.5
Sodium (mg) 136 790