- makes 2
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
180g pumpkin, peeled & deseeded
100g tinned chickpeas
Olive oil spray
1 tsp brown sugar
Pinch of pepper
4 slices of Wonder White bread
40g soft reduced-fat feta cheese
1 tsp olive oil
15g baby spinach leaves
1. Preheat an oven to 180`C
2. Cut the peeled pumpkin into 2cm cubes and place on a small baking tray.
3. Drain the chickpeas and rinse under cold water. Dry with a clean teatowl and tip onto another small
4. Spray the pumpkin and chickpeas with olive oil spray and sprinkle the pumpkin with the brown sugar.
5. Bake for 35-40 mins until the pumpkin is golden and tender and the chickpeas are crisp. Remove from the oven, season the chickpeas and then set aside to cool.
6. Place the feta cheese and olive oil in a small bowl and smooth it to a paste using a spoon. Spread this onto 2 pieces of Wonder White bread.
7. Top with the cooled pumpkin, mashing them slightly with a fork to help them stick.
8. Sprinkle with chickpeas and top with spinach leaves.
9. Finish with a slice of Wonder White bread and slice each sandwich in halves.