Before you give your bub their favourite bath toy to play with have a look at what might be lurking on the inside and could potentially make them sick.
Dad Jack Toepfer posted the video as a warning to Youtube, to highlight the hidden grim that can be found in your kids’ old bath toys.
“Any toys that hold water, that squirt water, or otherwise do not dry completely in an hour or so - throw them out,” he wrote alongside the video.
In the footage, Jack can be seen squirting a rubber pirate toy that has an open mouth and as water runs out of the toy, so does black mould.
- What to do about mould in your home
- Mum’s warning after hair strand nearly sees baby’s toes amputated
“All of this mould came out of this toy AFTER some had already squirted out in the bath,” he continued.
“There is no way for these squeeze toys to dry completely so they sit, with water in them, in dark moist places - and it is mould paradise.”
He also said he was sharing the video to do anything to get the message out there to throw these toys out now.
“Your kids chew on these, drink out of them, and otherwise trust that they are clean because they are in a soapy bath, after all,” he said.
“If your kids insist on using them, throw them out after the first bath. They are cheap and there are better bath toys out there.”
Got a story tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org