- Serves 12
- Preparation time: PT20m
- Cooking time: PT20m
3 cups self-raising flour, plus more for dusting.
2 cups full-fat natural yoghurt.
50 g butter, melted.
2 tablespoons cinnamon, ground.
1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground.
2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder.
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup.
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped.
1/2 cup coconut butter, melted, to serve.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a round 22cm baking tin.
2. Add flour and yoghurt to a mixing bowl. Combine with a wooden spoon until mixture comes together. Turn out onto a floured bench and knead for a few minutes. Add a little more yoghurt if the mixture is too dry or a little extra flour if the mixture is too wet.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a rectangle until 0.5cm thick. Using a pastry brush, brush most of the melted butter (reserving a little for the tops) over the dough, reaching the edges. Sprinkle the cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla bean powder evenly over the dough. Sprinkle over walnuts and rice malt syrup.
4. Roll the dough from the long side into a long log. Cut into 4cm pieces and place into the baking tin, squishing together. Brush the remaining butter over the top of the scrolls. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
5. Remove from the oven and if serving immediately, drizzle over melted coconut butter.