Meghan Markle’s dad has spoken out again about his daughter’s romance with Prince Harry, blasting the royal as “rude”.
Thomas Markle has been spilling the beans on his strained relationship with the lovebirds in recent weeks, even admitting to posing for staged photos just days before the wedding to earn himself some cash.
Now the 74-year-old has revealed what happened in the aftermath of those infamous snaps, saying he “lied” about his involvement to the Duke of Sussex.
The Duchess’ dad divulged the details of a heated phone call between them, that he described as “rude” as it occurred while he was in hospital recovering from a heart attack, he told the Mail On Sunday.
According to Thomas, though he understands why the royals have had to cut him out, he was still “upset” by the way Harry reacted.
So much so, he said he told Harry “it would be better for you guys if I was dead…” before hanging up on their heated call.
Photos of Thomas looking up Harry at an internet cafe just days before the wedding are rumoured to have earned $175k, though it’s unlikely he would receive much of that.
In hindsight, he admits Harry was “absolutely right” to criticise him for the shots, but revealed it was Meghan’s reaction that was the toughest to take, as she told him he would not be allowed to make a speech at the wedding.
Describing the moment as full of “hurt”, Thomas said he’s now trying to move on, and claims he will not be talking out in public again.
“I’m not mad at Harry. I’m not mad at Meghan. I love them. I wish them well,” he said. “But as for the rest of it, f*** it. I’m done.”
In the three months since Meghan, 37, and Harry tied the knot, Thomas has made several bold interviews about them.
Just last month he claimed Princess Diana would have “loathed” the way he was being treated, something which is thought to have upset The Palace deeply.
He also did a tell-all interview on TV, where he appeared to taunt the entire royal family.
Got a story tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org