Bombshell claims Thomas Markle actually faked his heart attack

Kristine Tarbert
Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer

Shocking new claims have revealed that Thomas Markle faked his own heart attack and surgery, which kept him from attending his daughter’s royal wedding.

Thomas Markle didn’t walk Meghan down the aisle in her wedding to Prince Harry as he had been ‘too ill’ to travel.

However, a source close to the Duchess of Sussex has made explosive claims that he was in fact never ill and used it as an excuse not to attend the wedding.

Thomas Markle didn’t walk Meghan down the aisle in her wedding to Prince Harry as he had been ‘too ill’ to travel. Photo: Getty

“The whole story about Meghan’s father undergoing heart surgery was made up,’ the source told the Daily Mail.

According to reports at the time, Thomas was admitted to the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, however when contacted by the Daily Mail to hospital said ‘no such name’ had ever checked in.

Apparently he wanted to take the attention off the staged paparazzi photos, which had caused much embarrassment for Meghan.

“He had to come up with a good enough reason not to attend her wedding and avoid any further embarrassment after those staged photos went public,” the source continued.

“Don’t feel sorry for him. If anything, feel sorry for Meghan.”

A source claims he never had a heart attack. Photo: ITV

Samantha Markle has continuously defended claims of her father’s ill health, often taking aim at Meghan for making things worse.

Just a week out from the royal wedding The Mail on Sunday accused Thomas of staging photos for the paparazzi.

At the time Thomas, who has lived in Mexico since declaring himself bankrupt, was snapped by photographer Jeff Rayner in Rosarito, browsing the web in an internet café.

The 72-year-old can be seen lingering on photos of his daughter and her husband-to-be, Prince Harry, as well as being fitted up for a suit and later working out in an outdoor gym.

They claim CCTV images from the internet café shows Meghan’s dad walking in with Jeff and helping him get the perfect shot.

Thomas and Meghan’s relationship has had its ups and downs. Photo: Instagram/Meghan Markle

Thomas has previously blamed his ill health on his son Thomas Markle Jr. who caused him an incredible amount of stress when he published an open letter to Prince Harry urging him not to marry his half-sister.

The Markles, particularly Thomas Jr. and Meghan’s half-sister Samantha, have been regularly in the headlines with disparaging comments about the future princess.

They were already teenagers when Meghan was born and they’ve been estranged from the former Suits star for a decade. Neither were invited to the royal wedding.


Got a story tip? Send it to tips@yahoo7.com.au

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram.